So you want to learn to carve, do you?
“Ah”, you say. “I’d love to but I don’t know how to carve or draw. I’m just not very artistic.”
No prob. Ray will show you how (and make it super easy) in this step-by-step, in-depth, instructional video.
Follow along with Ray as he reveals his tried-and-true carving method, which has made his carvings the favorite of millions of people at Disneyland and Disney theme parks worldwide.
This is NOT a quick YouTube video. It’s 90 minutes long and packed full of everything you need to know in order to complete a beautiful, hand carved sign… your very first time!
Let Ray’s calm, patient teaching method guide you into a whole new world of working with your hands, helping you carve something truly beautiful.
What you will receive:
- Unlimited access to the video online (you’ll need a high speed internet connection)
- A downloadable paper pattern
What you will learn:
- The best types of wood for carving
- What type and size gouges to use
- Hand tooling techniques
- Power tool carving techniques
- How to transfer the pattern to the wood
- What types of stain and wood sealer to use for best exterior results
- What types of paints to use
- Best color choices
- Shadow background staining
- How to read and work with wood grain
- Which Dremel bits are the best to work with
- Types and styles of paint brushes
- How to do hand brush paint lettering
- Best type of freehand router bit
- Freehand router technique for outlining lettering
- Safety rules and guidelines
This video is the perfect “warm up project” for Ray’s beginning woodcarving retreats held at his Northern California studio. Ray invites you to come attend one of his retreats, in which you will go much deeper into relief woodcarving and get to experience his personalized, one-on-one coaching firsthand.
Not only will you deepen your carving skills, you will go home with a stunning hand carved sign, of your own design (with Ray’s help, of course!). To learn more, and make your Woodcarving Retreat reservation, click here…
List of tools used in this video:
This instruction video course will walk you through the process of carving your first sign. Ray will explain what tools and materials you’ll need, and then patiently guide you, as if right by your side, through an in-depth tutorial for carving a beautiful lettered sign.
This instructional video also comes with a PDF template file that you can print out and use on your project.